2 large Russet potatoes
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
FOR THE POTATO MIXTURE:
1/4 cup vegan cheddar shreds
3 Tablespoons of almond milk (unsweetened, unflavored)
5 Tablespoons of plant butter
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (I used Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese)
1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE:
1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
6 Tablespoons almond milk (unflavored, unsweetened)
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 450°F
- Wash: Wash the potatoes thoroughly, removing all soil. Pat dry and poke the potatoes with a knife to the center 3-4 times.
- Rub: Rub the potato skins with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Wrap: Wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake: Bake for 1 hour.
- Scoop: Remove potatoes from the oven and scoop out the insides being careful not to tear the skin.
- Mix: Combine cheddar shreds, almond milk, plant butter, vegan cream cheese, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and potato. Whip for two minutes with a hand mixer until the mixture is creamy.
- Bake: Spoon potato mixture back into potato skins and place in a casserole dish. Cover the dish tightly with foil and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare: Prepare the cheese sauce by melting vegan cheese and almond milk together in a small saucepan. Add the crushed red pepper (optional). Stir often until everything is melted together, about 4-5 minutes.
- Broil: Remove the potatoes from the oven and spoon on cheese sauce equally. Broil 5 inches from the broiler at 500°F for 1-2 minutes. Watch closely to make sure that cheese sauce doesn't burn.
Tip: Garnish with minced green onions.
- Category: side dishes
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: north american
Keywords: twice baked potatoes, vegan twice baked potatoes, ultimate twice baked potatoes