1 stick of butter (I used Country Crock Plant Butter to make these vegan friendly)
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3oz chocolate bar (I used Lilys which is Stevia sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat: Beat together butter, banana, and peanut butter until combined. Add maple syrup and vanilla.
- Combine: Whisk together flour and baking soda, add to butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Stir: Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop: Drop about 1 1/2 Tbsp batter onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet (6 cookies per sheet). Using the back of a spoon smooth down the batter to about 1/2 inch thick or less (see image).
- Bake: Bake 8 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Tap: Remove cookies from the oven and tap the baking sheet 4 times.
- Bake: Return to the oven for 3-5 more minutes watching closely for browning.
- Cool: Allow the cookies to cool before removing them from the baking sheet. Remove them to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before eating.
* Make sure you cool these cookies completely or they will break apart easily.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: vegan cookies, thin chewy cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookies, recipe for homemade peanut butter cookies, homemade peanut butter cookies, soft and chewy peanut butter cookies, chewy peanut butter cookies, plant based desserts,